Are you facing .ost is not an Outlook data file error. In this post, we have discussed the possible reasons and solution to this problem,
convert ost to pst file outlook 2010
.OST is Not an Outlook Data File Error: let’s Solve this Issue
This article intended to educate you to know how to resolve .ost is not an Outlook data file error. If you are also dealing with the same issue then read this blog. Here you will get the reasons and solutions to this problem.
Microsoft Outlook is a well-known email client application and it plays a crucial role in managing user’s email data. This application stores the emails, contacts, calendar and other mailbox items in two files formats which are OST and PST. The most interesting feature of this application permits Outlook users to work in offline mode in the absence of an internet connection. When the connection gets established between the Exchange server and the Outlook application. All the data of Outlook gets established between the Exchange user account.
Sometimes Outlook application user has to face several situations which restrict the Outlook user to use this application. One of the common error faced by the user is OST is not a valid outlook data file problem. This creates immense inconvenience for the Outlook user, in this article, I am going to tell you the reasons behind this problem. Also, we will discuss the possible solutions to this problem.
Know The Reasons Behind.OST is Not an Outlook Data File Error
The user has to face this problem because Outlook application didn’t get recognize sync OST file with the server. Some of the common reasons for this error are discussed below:
1. If users OST file may be corrupted or damaged.
2. Synchronizing issue between Outlook and the Exchange server.
3. Due to sudden power cut issue which turns OST file inaccessible.
4. Forcefully or abruptly termination of Outlook application.
Manual Solution to Resolve OST is Not a Valid Outlook Data File
The manual steps are lengthy and complex but the still user can try to resolve this issue. Here are the steps below:
1. First of all, go to Control Panel and then choose Mail.
2. The mail setup dialogue box will open and then click on show profiles.
3. Now choose properties>>email>>Exchange.
4. Then click on change and choose “Use Cached Exchange Mode” checkbox.
5. After go to more settings>>advanced>>offline folder file.
6. Again the user has to go settings and press “disable offline” and then press Yes.
7. After that click on Next and then the user to press Yes.
8.After Go to Cached Exchange Mode and then Settings and choose the “Use Cached Exchange Mode” checkbox and then click on OK.
9. Finally, the user has to click on Next >> Finish >> Press Close.
Automated Solution to Resolve OST is Not a Valid Outlook Data File Issue
The manual process to fix this issue is a complex task, So, in that case, the user can try the OST to PST converter software. This is an efficient solution to fix all the corruption issues of OST file. It allows the Outlook user to easily convert OST to PST file Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 file format in just a couple of clicks. In addition this software gives many options to save the OST file in PST / EML / MSG / Office 365/ HTML. After converting the data in PST file formats the user can easily import in Outlook application.
In this article, we have resolved the problem.OST is not an Outlook data file error. We have discussed the possible reasons for this problem. Also, we have given the manual as a well automated solution. The user can try the manual solution. But in case if the user will not be able to resolve the problem then the user can try the automated solution to resolve this problem.