Every living being on the earth requires a piece of land to live. Similar to this every single website on the internet needs a space where it can live. This means your website needs to be hosted on the server. Imagine this space similar to the internal real estate where all the website data will be held securely.
VPS is a ‘private space’ where one can host his website along with its content. It is virtual, indicating that it’s online and private, indicating that is specially made for your website. You won’t be sharing your space and resources with other users, unlike shared hosting.
Virtual private server (VPS) comes in two with Linux and Windows hosting plans. So, you can choose as per your hosting and platform requirements. There are a lot of best and top web hosting providers available all over glover to provide Linux and Windows VPS hosting India plans.
In simple terms, you can think of VPS as a ‘private room’ for your website on the web. In that, you can host your website content and data. Additionally, when someone searches for your website on the internet, the VPS server serves it, similar to opening the door when someone knocks on it!
Let’s now check the working of best VPS hosting India services.
Working of VPS Hosting
VPS hosting is based on ‘virtualization technology’. In this technology, the server is divided into multiple individual private servers.
Each VPS acts as a private room in a big house. Each room can be used independently by individual users/websites without the need to share any rooms.
This means that each website will have access to its own memory, storage, bandwidth, etc. without other rooms being affected.
When Should Your Switch to VPS Hosting?
Think of a VPS as an independent hotel room and a shared server as a large dorm room with bunk beds, you will get an idea about which you should select for your website.
If you are thinking about cost saving, you would surely select a bed in a dorm room and share common resources and you would select a private room when you want independence, privacy, scalability and quality living.
In the same way, you would select a VPS when your website required a dedicated private server, so that the occurrences of surrounding websites don’t affect it. You get independent resources only for your website, enabling you to scale when required.
You can select a shared server for saving the costs of hosting your website, and you are ready for the RAM, space, speed, bandwidth and other capabilities.
Let’s now talk about why you should select VPS hosting.
- Security: VPS offers you your own private server where your website is more secure. Hosting your website on a VPS server helps to keep away the viruses, bugs, privacy attacks, etc.
- Speed: There’s no doubt that your website will perform faster when on VPS. Since you get dedicated resources with VPS, your website gets a much favorable environment to work speedily, with less technical faults and interruptions that slow down your speed.
- Enhanced Customer Experience: Considering the above two factors, your customers would also get a better experience. Smooth navigation will be offered in VPS while securing different errors from occurring.
- More Control: Get additional control on your server/hosting settings, helping you to adjust as per the customer requirements.
- Payments Compliance: While building and hosting your online store, it is important to ensure that your customers’ critical information is secure and needs to pass a PCI (Payment Compliance Industry) check. But when on VPS this will be done.
If you run a large eCommerce business selling hundreds of products online, you should go for VPS. You might be receiving large volumes of traffic on your website, with people paying online to buy your products. When this is the case, shared hosting won’t be appropriate, but VPS hosting would be an absolute necessity!
As we will be focusing on VPS Hosting for this article, let’s now check the best VPS service provider you should choose from the range of options out there.
Established in 2012, MilesWeb ranks as one of the leading web hosts globally. Their managed VPS hosting is powered by KVM hypervisor and the plans are available in various technical components. Since their plans are based on cloud infrastructure with built-in SSD storage, you get the ability to scale as per your client requirements.
Plans of Managed VPS hosting
Features of managed VPS hosting
- Solid-State Drives
- Free VPS Management
- SSH and Root Access
- Resource Monitoring Dashboard
- Host Unlimited Sites
- Instant Provisioning
- No Setup Fee
- Robust Infrastructure
Wrapping it up
So, you now know what VPS is, and how it works. Evaluate your business needs and your budget and select the VPS hosting plan from MilesWeb. As knowledge is power when it comes to technology, and hope, this article empowers you with what you need to know about VPS and MilesWeb VPS hosting.